Current For Winter 2019
Getting more shop time now and working on backlogged interest.
How this(WagonGear) works right now:
- I build stuff as I can. (yes I am still building stuff, I just don’t have much time right now)
- I post it on the site when it’s ready.
- You can then buy it.
There is no secret order list or preorder process.
(there is a bit of a cheat for 60 series tailgate lids, see “tailgate lids” below)
It is not a total crap-shoot though, you can subscribe to the newsletter or newsfeed at the top right of the page here:
If you do that, I make a post every time I update inventory and you will get an automated notification that there are parts available. (you don’t need to check the site every day!)
Normally I have been able to keep the tailgate lids in stock and ready to order. The past three years have been pretty crummy though, life keeps getting in the way and I have had very limited shop time.
So I am behind.
Things are getting better though, I work on welding every chance I get and I am getting more shop time.
General FAQ Items:
No, you can’t preorder or prepay.
It has always been my policy to not take any funds until I have things ready to ship, too many things can go wrong. I also abandoned “lists” long ago since they turn into such a hassle to manage. They are also not transparent, the website is here for everyone to see and therefore much more fair.
When will XYorZ be ready?
I don’t know.
And if you email me to find out, I have to spend time typing a response rather than welding, so it will take even longer! (that’s sarcasm, but also kinda true)
I work as hard and as often as I can, but no matter what there are delays.
The “News” section on my site is up to date and accurate.
(Update to this, I am trying out using Instagram for general updates, easier to do, linked on the bottom of the home page)
Each successive post trumps the previous one. If an old post says something was put in stock but the site says out of stock, they are gone until I can make more.The site inventory is accurate.
The order I am working on things:
I attack things in the order that makes the most customers happy, faster projects first.
- Small stuff. I try my best to keep these on hand, but they are mostly break-even convenience items so they are also a low priority even though they are first on the list.
- Side Panels. (60 series only) These are still custom made for each truck and will always have to be since there are so many variables. I believe that the side panels are my best product that offers a big improvement for any cruiser so I do put extra emphasis on them. I have finally been able to get to the point where I can work on them regularly and my normal lead time is back to 1-2 months (as good as it ever will be due to their custom nature). If you are interested in a set, send me some pics of your cargo area so I can see what profile you would need and I can then layout the right parts.
- Tailgate Lids. I am working on getting them back in stock on the site. I make them in batches and list them, I am actually pretty close to catching up the backlog on both the 60s and 80s if I can just get the batches finished up. The demand for the 100 lids is much more limited so as noted on the 100 lid page I do put those parts into circulation but on an as-requested basis. (There is a bit of a cheat with 60 series tailgate lids though- in most cases I am able to include a tailgate with side panel orders, I feel kinda bad doing so- but I am already making invoices and shipping labels, etc- it is a lot more efficient that way)
- Flip Windows. After all that I am really happy to finally be breaking in on more of my windows. They are very intensive projects that are very expensive to make so I need to still concentrate on other stuff (most customers happy first) But I am REALLY close to being able to trickle these back onto the site.
So all that answers the most common questions I get emailed every day. Past that feel free to drop me a line, however, considering the info above, keep in mind that responses may be slow, sometimes it can take a week or more to catch up on the inbox.